Spring Brain Camp
Six 90 Minute Sessions, 9 Hours, TONS of Strategies
Dates: Sunday, March 2, 2014 through Sunday, April 6, 2014 Time: 3:30-5:00
Cost is $279 per student.
All Spring Brain Camp sessions will be held at the Pediatric Development Center, 17620-A Redland Road, Rockville, MD 20855.
Summer Brain Camp
Four 3 Hour Sessions, 12 Hours, TONS of Strategies
Dates: Monday, August 11, 2014 through Thursday, August 14th, 2014; Time: 9:00am-12:00pm
Cost is $279 per student.
All Summer Brain Camp sessions will be held in the conference rooms at Seneca Creek Community Church, 13 Firstfield Rd., Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Keep your student moving forward this school year and plan for next!
- Is your child unsure of how or when to begin studying for big test?
- Are they having difficulty with taking effective notes?
- Do they have trouble recalling the appropriate information for the test?
- Are they able to organize their overall academic materials?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then your student could benefit from Learning Essentials Brain Camp (recommended for grades 5-9).
Learning Essentials’ Brain Camp will provide students with exciting learning experiences to increase achievement in study skills and learning skills. Our explicit, systematic instruction is specifically designed to build new skills and develop confident learners. Participation in our Brain Camp will offer opportunities to practice needed skills, enrich learning, provide specific strategies (that apply to all levels of learning), and prepare students for their future.
Our enhanced Brain Camp focuses on:
- Test Preparation Skills: Learn the five-day test prep strategies for successfully taking tests…including how to reduce test anxiety.
- Test Taking Strategies: Students learn the various types of test taking strategies and they practice taking test with various formats.
- Breaking down long term assignments: Students learn how to break down long term assignments into manageable parts.
- Managing study Time and Routines: Students learn how to prepare a Term Calendar including development of sound study habits and preparing daily organizers that benefit them in and out of school.
- Taking Notes: Students learn effective lecture and textbook note taking strategies.
- Spring Brain Camp is held six consecutive Sundays in the late afternoon for 90 minutes per class for a total of 9 hours. Sessions take place in March and April.
- Summer Brain Camp is held four consecutive week days, 9:00-12:00, 3 hour per class, 12 hours total. Session 1 and 2 will take place mid to late August.
- Maximum 15 students per workshop/Minimum 5 students per workshop
- Workshops fill on a first come, first paid basis
- Tuition is per student (all materials included)
- Spring Brain Camp: $279 per student. Summer Brain Camp: $279 per student. Tuition includes school tools, student workbook, and parent seminar.
View the Brain Camp Policies and Procedures page for details on registration
Register and pay for camp with credit card by filling out the following registration form or contact us to learn more.